Denver is a 2-year-old small female pit bull mix that was sadly living alone on the streets until she safely found her way to the shelter. Can you imagine a beautiful girl like her all by herself out there cold, alone and hungry?
Nothing is known about Denver’s past. However, observation by the staff and volunteers has revealed the following:
· She is easy to handle.
· She relishes being with people.
· She does well while on leash and likes to stay close the person that is walking her.
· She is smart and eager to learn.
· She can be left alone in the “real room” without harming the furniture or relieving herself while in there.
· She loves to play with her Kong when housed in the kennel for long hours. The volunteers have no trouble retrieving it at the end of the day.
Why consider adopting a pit bull? According to the ASPCA, “despite the bad rap, a well-bred, well-socialized and well-trained pit bull is one of the most delightful, intelligent and gentle dogs imaginable. It is truly a shame that the media continues to portray such a warped image of this beautiful, loyal and affectionate breed.” That description fits Denver to a T.
She is a delightful, friendly and engaging young girl who will continue to learn if a devoted someone is willing to be patient and continue her training. Are you ready to start a life full of wonderful memories together? Then ask to meet her today and get ready to experience the loyalty “Pitties” are known for!
The Agoura shelter will close at 3:00 PM on December 31 and will be closed on New Year’s Day. Regular hours will resume on January 2.
To adopt Denver request A4651776. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit http://animalcare.lacounty.gov