We have found more ways for you to reduce your carbon footprint. Try adopting small changes into your daily routine each week.
1. Locally Grown
- Start buying locally-grown fruit and vegetables or try growing your own. Luckily Agoura has a great every Sunday. Goods and services that are produced locally eliminate thousands of pounds of carbon by reducing fossil fuel transportation demands.
2. Shopping Bags
- Plastic bags are now banned in many cities, and many local stores sell reusable bags. Remember to keep these in your car for all grocery runs.
- Do you have a friend that works and lives close to you? Try finding at least one day when you can ride to work together. Or maybe grab a group in one car when heading out for your lunch break. Sharing is caring!
4. Reusable Bottles
- Rather than using plastic water bottles, invest in a reusable ones. Refill your water jug throughout the day. This is even great for your morning coffee or afternoon frappucinno. A lot of stores now carry trendy containers.
5. Leg Power
- Need to make a run to a nearby store? Don't get into your car; drive instead. Get some exercise and go green by walking or riding your bike. Anytime you think, "Hey that's not that far," use your legs.