Before you run out the door to purchase the latest (expensive) cleaning and deoderizing products for your house, look in your refrigerator. Chances are you have a little orange box of baking soda that should solve many of your household cleaning problems.
Here are 10 green applications for baking soda.
1. Placing a bowl of baking soda in your fridge will remove extra moitsure and help eliminate odors.
2. Add some baking soda to the bottom of a new trash bag to help with the odors.
3. For a shiny dishes, use baking soad instead of detergent in your dishwasher.
4. Want your veggies to last longer and be crisper? Sprinkle some baking soda on top and cover with a paper towel.
5. Sprinkle baking soda on your rugs or mat before vaccuming to help get ride of odors.
6. Keep the ants awayu from your beautiful spring garden by sprinkling a little baking soda around the plants.
7. Brighten your laundry and release odors by adding half a cup of baking soda to your next load.
8. Want pearly white teeth? Sprinkle some baking soda onto your regular toothpaste for a whitening treatment.
9. If you have a stove fire, throw baking soda on the flames. This will help extinguish it.
10. Wooden floors have some water stains? Mix equal parts water and baking soda and clean with a damp sponge.