Last year we gave you 11 items to add to your to-do list for the new year. To celebrate 2012, we're giving you 12.
1. See a Show: When was the last time you went to ? Have fun Friday nights grooving to dance classics by the Spazmatics. And the Canyon Club has a great schedule with big stars, fun tribute bands, as well as possibly the next big artist. Tickets vary in pricing but are usually cheaper if bought in advance and not at the door.
2. Wine Anyone?: We are so lucky to live in an area with some pretty innovative wineries popping up. Spend an afternoon at in Malibu while enjoying a delicious for lunch right next door at the Rustic Canyon General Store & Grill. Or have a wine sampling from Wade's Wines, which also has beer and scotch tasting. Right down Kanan is Malibu Wines with a great outdoor seating and often live music.
3. Support Your Chargers: Spend the afternoon supporting the local Agoura High School athletic programs. There's nothing like some Charger spirit in the stands. Currently in season is soccer, basketball, wrestling and girl's water polo. Take a look at the athletics homepage to see when you can catch a game.
4. Try a New Restaurant: Agoura has been lucky to have some fabulous new restaurants come to the area just in the past year alone. Recently opened its doors and so did . Both the and have become quite popular spots. Travel back to the Old West by dining at . There's plenty of different options, so try something different next time you can't decide where to go.
5. Volunteer Your Time: There's a number of different charities in the area that are always looking for volunteers. Spend an afternoon, maybe with the family, helping out at the . Or take time helping with those suffering from ALS through the. is another great organization started in Agoura to help those with disabilities.
6. Beer Crawl Anyone?: Between L, and , there are some great places to grab a cold one in the area. First, get a designated driver. Then head to each location and sample their hoppy delights. See how you like different ones and pair with some cuisine specialties.
7. Enjoy a Treasure Hunt: Instead of traveling to large swap or flea markets, Agoura has an amazing selection of antique stores at the . Next time you need to find a special gift, such as a picture frame, fragrant candle or something unique, visit one of the many stores like , , , or A Beautiful Mess.
8. Deal of the Day: Have you indulged in a Patch Deal of the Day yet? Located on the homepage, there's some great offers to take advantage of. Get great discounts on local fitness classes, beauty treatments and even dining options. It's a great way to try something new at a discounted price. Who doesn't love a good deal?
9. Enjoy Nature: If you want to be adventurous, take a horseback ride via or explore a new hiking trail. Just take in the outdoors. There are so many local parks and trails to enjoy. Don't forget to grab a to-go lunch from .
10. Explore the Farmers Market: Do you have plans on Sundays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.? If not, check out the local farmers market for fresh local fruits, vegetables, flowers and more. There's lots of local vendors selling crafty and unique finds as well. It's also a great opportunity to walk around and support local businesses.
11. Catch a Flick: You've just finished all the holiday craziness, and there's still a long winter ahead. Why not take a break and catch a flick at the recently renovated
12. Change Up Your Workout: How many of us put getting fit at the top of our list for New Year's resolutions? I know I do! Change up your workout by trying yoga at the recently opened or maybe create a new routine at . Check out a Pilates class at SPN Pilates for some total body toning. If you're not sure which way to go, check out the wide range of classes offered through the