I love black bean salads because you can use them in many different ways. They can be a main dish by putting them in a whole wheat tortilla or make a salad bowl and top it with the bean salad. You can use it as a side to your main dish and as a mid day snack as it can be pretty filling. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together vinaigrette, seasoned pepper, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together beans, corn, onion, green onions, and red bell pepper. Toss with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Toss again before serving.