Details of the new and improved networking:
1) We meet casual style every Thursday at noon at Vitello's, except the third Thursday is 8:45am at Mimi's Cafe. Occasionally we will meet at another location. Having it every week means that if you can't make it on a particular Thursday, you don't have to wait two weeks to meet again.
2) Attending every meeting is optional. If you show up, you reap the benefits; if you can't, you will not be penalized.
3) There are dues of $5 every six months to pay for Meetup.com fees and special speakers' lunch. Those attending will each order their own meal. You can each pay with a credit card or cash.
4) Multiple members from the same profession is allowed. This is not meant to spur unhealthy competition. The goal here is for everyone to learn from colleagues in our professions, and for the other members to do business and refer to those they feel most closely suit their personality and style. The secondary goal is to increase the size of our meetings.
5) There is no initiation fee to join.
6) Meeting agendas will include various networking strategies that can help us in our friendships and businesses.