Sometimes the background stories of the pets turned into the Agoura shelter are heart wrenching. That is the case with Taki. He is a 6-year-old male German shepherd mix that was brought in because his beloved owner became too ill with cancer to take care of him and no one was able to step up to give him a home. His former owner says he is exceptional and left a nice bio to prove it.
Here are some things you should know about him:
- He knows his basic commands like sit and stay.
- He knows lots of tricks. Just ask a volunteer to show you what he can do.
- He is housebroken.
- He loves going on walks.
- He walks well on leash and will walk politely by your side.
- He is good with other dogs, large and small.
- He hates his kennel and barks for attention, but once he is outside his cage, he seems calm and happy.
He has not been around children, so it is unclear how he will react to them, but the sense we got from his former owner is that Taki would make a great companion.
Don’t let his kennel barking fool you. Watch his video to see how sweet and smart this boy is then go to the shelter and ask to meet him in the yard so you can get to know each other!
To choose Taki, request ID A A4466755. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the .