If you are thinking of getting a dog, be sure not to rule out adopting a small one. For some, a small dog will be the perfect companion.
Small dogs are so mobile you can take them practically everywhere with you. And if you are out on a long walk and your little buddy tires out, just pick him up and carry him along!
Other benefits of owning a smaller dog:
- Most people automatically assume they’re friendly.
- When it’s bath time, you can easily put him/her in the tub or sink and minutes later you’re done.
- They can sleep with you without taking over the bed.
- They tend to live longer than bigger dogs.
- They fit easily into all types of homes (house, loft or condo).
- Some aren’t as intimidating to children or cats.
- Many landlords allow small dogs – just ask.
- They can cuddle in your lap easier than big dogs.
- For older people, they are often a more realistic choice.
- They are easier to walk when they get excited.
Take a look at the photos of some of the small breed dogs available at the shelter, then hurry down to adopt one.
The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally, pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the .