Max is a 2-and-a-half-year-old male beagle that looks like a miniature foxhound. For the most part he is loving, sweet and gentle, but he was adopted for about five weeks and was then returned.
During his time at the shelter, the volunteers haven't had any problems with him reacting to other dogs during his walks around the grounds. However, the older person who adopted him thought he was too reactive when he was taken out.
With his beagle DNA he is a determined and watchful little fellow and needs patient, firm training. It’s important you are his leader and that you provide him with the proper amount of mental and physical exercise, including daily walks.
Here are some things you should know about Max:
- He is a playful, active and happy boy.
- He is housebroken.
- He has had some training and will sit and shake on command.
- He loves to go for joyrides in the car.
- He works well for treats.
- He is fine being left alone in the house.
- He gets along with some but not all other dogs.
Ask to meet Max in the big play yard right away and watch his frisky antics.
To choose Max, request ID A4075363. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the website.