Snoopy, an older male Chihuahua Dachshund mix, and Shadow, a younger female Burmese Mountain Dog mix, arrived together at the Agoura Shelter and are regarded by many as the odd couple. And while they don’t have to be adopted as a pair, they appear to be very bonded.
Little Snoopy is the dominant member of the two. When sleeping, he tries to take the entire bed to himself while Shadow is often scrunched up in the corner on the concrete.
In their previous home, they were kept outside all the time, so they may need to learn indoor manners, although they have been spending time in the real room and seem to be doing okay.
Here are some things you should know about Snoopy and Shadow:
- Shadow is housebroken and Snoopy is partially.
- Snoopy is in pretty good shape for an older guy. He has a growth on his leg, which will be removed at no cost to his new family, and while he was at the vet, he was excellent with the other dogs while waiting his turn.
- Shadow not only tolerates a good brushing, she enjoys it. She was a knotted mess when she was turned in.
- Each dog is sweet and gentle with people and enjoy human companionship. Snoopy likes to cuddle on a lap, and Shadow likes to be close to people.
- Shadow knows how to sit. Both are treat motivated and seem to learn new things well.
Being kept outdoors all the time has–beyond the obvious lack of comfort and companionship–resulted in unexpected downside for this duo. They got into a bit of scrape when they got out of their yard and had a tussle with another dog. It is recommended that they be the only dogs in the household.
Please come to the shelter to meet Snoopy and Shadow. It is hoped that they will live in a welcoming indoor environment with their humans each with his/her own cozy bed.
To choose Snoopy and/or Shadow, request ID A3334556 for Snoopy and ID A3875350 for Shadow. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the website.