Loba is quite the miracle dog. She came to the Agoura shelter as a stray, but no one knew she was a very sick dog. Thankfully, under the watchful eyes of the volunteers and the staff, it was discovered that something wasn't right.
She was rushed to a private veterinarian where she was diagnosed as having a belly abscess that had turned septic. She was near death and needed immediate emergency surgery. After a two hour surgery and four blood transfusions, she was stable but in critical condition. She remained at the hospital for five days.
Malibu Pet Companions, a non-profit group that supports the pets at the Agoura Shelter, funded all of this. See last week’s Pet of the Week column “Skittles Needs Your Support” for details.
Here are some things you should know about Loba:
- She is a 2-year-old German Shepherd/Husky mix.
- She is non-reactive to other dogs.
- She is good on leash.
- She is very gentle when taking treats.
- She likes to be near people and enjoys being scratched behind the ears.
- She is very easy going.
- It doesn't seem as though she has not had any training.
- She is apprehensive when facing new situations, but given a little time and gentle coaxing she overcomes her fear.
- It appears she never had the opportunity to live inside a home.
Loba is now back at the shelter and is ready for adoption. While her energy level isn’t yet at 100 percent, she is eager to go for walks and lope around the play yard.
This girl has gone through so much during her short life. It’s time she experience a loving home with a caring family that will allow her to play indoors and out. Come and meet her today.
To choose Loba, request ID A4535261. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the website.