Dexter is a 2½ -year-old male, dachshund/beagle mix. He was brought to the shelter after having been found on the streets.
For some reason he has been overlooked by the public and now, unfortunately, is the shelter’s longest term resident.
It is impossible to know much about his past, but here are some things that the volunteers and staff have observed:
- He knows how to sit and to dance for treats.
- He gets along with all the other dogs he has been housed with but does bark at big dogs while on walks.
- He is a happy dog.
- He is friendly with people.
- He usually does well while on leash.
- He loves to curl up and nap next to a person when on the futon in the “real room.”
- He may be house trained, because he waits to go potty until he has yard time.
They say a friend in need is a friend indeed. So, if you have a nice warm home where he can live inside and be by your side, ask to meet him today
To choose Dexter, request ID A4463505. The Agoura Shelter is at 29525 Agoura Road, Agoura Hills. Occasionally pets have already been adopted. To check availability, call 818-991-0071 or visit the website.