In December 2010, the City of Agoura Hills established the Cultural Arts Council as part of a Cultural Arts Initiative. There were several components of the Initiative that also included the creation of an artists' society that would support and substantiate the Cultural Arts Council and their role in the cultural arts movement in Agoura Hills.
"We are reaching out to the community to help us formulate the film society ... we are also working on a historical component involving the Reyes Adobe Historical Site .. [as well as] working on a teen event," Cim Castellon told Patch at the fireworks and Concert in the Park event July 8.
The CAC is looking to create the Cultural Arts Resource Board (CARB). The general duties of CARB members will be the following. Each member may be assigned to a specific area of their interest once completing the application and interview process.
- Support and market existing Cultural Programs that the City of Agoura Hills provides to the 91301 community.
- Advise the CAC on possible opportunities that can/will enhance the Cultural Experience of 91301.
- Help unify the Cultural Community in 91301–Artists, Film Makers, Musicians, Actors, Designers, etc.
- Provide a "City Calendar" that informs the residences of events that are provided (free or for a fee) the 91301 residences.
- Art in Public Places
- Historical Buildings
- Community Art Gallery/Annex at the Adobe
- Assist with annual CAC working budget and strategize on how to generate revenue for that budget (via fundraising, grant writing, corporate sponsorship, etc.)
- Define Community Culture by connecting what the 91301 community wants with the City's overall vision for cultural arts.
If you would like more information, contact either Amy Brink or Zach Miller at (818) 597-7361.