Here's a handful of things to keep in mind for this weekend.
- Volunteers will focus on cleaning up Medea Creek in Agoura Hills this month as part of Coastal Cleanup Day. The volunteer event is set for 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 21 on the southwest corner of Kanan and Agoura roads, according to organizers. Check out more details at Heal the Bay's website.
- Stop and reflect on the Waves of Flags -- memorializing the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks -- at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
- Meet Tom Shadyac for a discussion of his book "Life's Operating Manual" at Bank of Books in Malibu on Heathercliff Road Friday, Sept. 20 at 7 p.m.
- Tickets went on sale this week for the Malibu Music Awards, featuring performances by Cherie Currie and Benny Hester. The event is set for 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 19 at Smothers Theatre at Pepperdine University in Malibu.
- You love getting Patch every day, so don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook.